Session Zero - Available Now!
Updated: Feb 8
Wyrd Science - Session Zero has arrived from the printers and is now winging it's way to backers all across the globe. If you missed the Kickstarter it is now available to buy in both print, direct from us here, and as a PDF, from Itch & DriveThruRPG. Clocking in at 88 pages, our debut issue features a frankly ridiculous amount of contact including (drumroll please...)
• Kieron Gillen - One of the most exciting writers working in comics today, Kieron's greatest hits include the likes of Young Avengers and Darth Vader for Marvel and his own groundbreaking titles such as Phonogram & The Wicked + Divine. We catch up with him to chat about his latest RPG inspired book DIE, his new Marvel/Warhammer 40,000 book Marneus Calgar and, well, pretty much everything.
• Simon Stålenhag - We speak to the artist/author behind Tales From The Loop, Things From The Flood and The Electric State about his new book The Labyrinth, and the dangers of both nostalgia and state violence.
• Chris Spivey - The award winning RPG designer tells us all about his new book, Haunted West, and how America must both face up to the tainted legacy of its past and rediscover the stories that past has hidden from view.
• Banana Chan - With one of the most interesting new RPGs of the year, Jiangshi - Blood In The Banquet Hall, about to drop we find out more about the game from its co-designer.
• Johan Nohr - As the artist and graphic designer behind MÖRK BORG, Johan Nohr has done more than almost anyone to change the look and colour of RPGs over the past 18 months, we check in with him to discover how to break the rules in the right way.
• Duncan Molloy - They're already responsible for publishing 2000 AD, the galaxy's greatest comic, and now publisher Rebellion have turned their attention to tabletop games. We speak to the man heading up the new division to seee what we can expect next.
• Thomas Pike - We speak to Themeborne lead designer about their Escape The Dark Castle/Sector games and their gritty roots in the dark & down at heel Britain of the 1980s.
• Dirk the Dice - We chat with the host of The GROGNARD Files, one of the best RPG podcasts in the UK today.
• Andre Novoa - We catch up with the found of new Portuguese RPG publisher Games Omnivorous about their incredible first 12 months.
• Sasha Bilton - One of the founder members of East London's H.A.T.E. gaming club, Sasha tells us all about the club's origins and how they've got through 2020.
Plus an original short story from Black Library/Aconyte Books' author Josh Reynolds, featuring one of his own original characters - The Royal Occultist Charles St. Cyprian.
We also have a look back at the changing face of tabletop gaming in 2020 with contributions from podcasters, writers and games designers including Dan Jolin, Matt Thrower, Pamela Punzalan, Danie Ware, Luke Shaw, Chris McDowall, The Smart Party and b.
And all our soon to be regulars features such as Mira Manga's diary, Anna Blackwell's game-by-game dive into the world of solo-RPG, Pierre Mortel's Crooked Tales and Time Slip where, this issue, legendary Citadel Miniatures designer Trish Carden takes us back to Nottingham in the 1980s.
Once again a huge thank you to everyone that supported us through the Kickstarter campaign and have been in touch since.
For the moment our shop is only accepting UK orders but if you'd like a copy and you live anywhere else simply drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, let us know where you are and we'll let you know the best way of getting hold of a copy, wither we send it to you or we may already have copies on their way out to a store nearer you.
Alternatively if you're happy with a PDF you can head over to Itch and DriveThruRPG now and be reading it within a few short minutes. Either way we hope you like what we've done and we'd love to know what you think as we'll be back with a new issue later this spring.